Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sultans of Swing (Uke Cover)

My entry to Ukulele Underground and Eleuke's UKE ROCK Contest. I thought it didn't necessarily need loads of distortion, so I slowed it down a bit and gave it a swinging skiffley feel. (I hope.) I wanted to use my new Smurfulele for the little melody fills. It was sent to me by a very kind UUer who was having a clear out and thought that Smurfette might like an appropriate uke. I won't name and embarrass him, but THANK YOU. It might be a toy and not the most perfectly intonated uke ever made, but it most certainly has the aloha spirit. (I also used a Makapili concert uke and a 3/4 size P-Bass copy.) "Sultans of Swing" was Dire Straits' first single, released in 1978. Written by Mark Knopfler, it was the demo that got them their recording deal. Check out Dire Straits at www.direstraits.co.uk and www.markknopfler.com Also check out www.eleukeusa.com DISCLAIMER: I don't own the rights to this song. This video was made for educational and entertainment purposes only and is an homage. No copyright infringement intended.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xjYA7LTI1U&hl=en

Cheap Ukuleles

No comments:

Post a Comment